Wednesday 4 April 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #2


I haven't posted in almost exactly a month, which is horrible. I thought I'd try to get myself back on track with a meme.

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.



Holier Than Thou by Laura Buzo
Release date: May 1st 2012
Publisher: Allen & Unwin
Page count: 300
Genre(s): Young Adult/Romance/Contemporary
Add it on: Goodreads

Holly Yarkov has a boyfriend who is a gift from the universe. She has a job that fulfils her even as it wears her down. She has a core group of friends from high school. And she has a layer of steel around her heart that is beginning to tarnish. Just as she is reaching for a future she can't quite see, Holly is borne back into the past by memories of her beloved father, and of the boy-who-might-have-been... 


Grief and longing run like veins of quicksilver through this beautiful novel, at once gloriously funny and achingly sad. 


Laura's confident, astute and witty voice has already been recognised with the success of Good Oil, with North American English rights sold to Knopf and German language rights sold to Arena. It was also shortlisted for the Prime Minister's Literary Awards. Her second novel is extraordinary and bittersweet – and shows us exactly what it is like to be a young person today – navigating the complexities of work, love, family and how to pay the rent. 


Synopsis from Goodreads

I had no idea Laura Buzo had written another book until I saw this on someone else's blog. I am beyond excited. Good Oil, her debut novel, made it's way straight into my favourites, and you can read my review of it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Thanks so much for popping by. I love getting comments and will try to reply to them all :3